At Unique and Twin City, we provide the following services:
- Logo Design: Letter, emblem, brand mark, wordmark and combo logos; logo development program.
- Custom Embroidery: Logos, text, numbers in your choice of colors on garments supplied by us or your own. Minimum quantities starting at 1 piece. We also have a library of 30,000 pieces of embroidery artwork to choose from.
- Digitizing: Custom digitizing of logos for use on our embroidery machines.
- Custom Screen Printing: Logos, text, numbers from 1 color to 4 colour process printing on t-shirts. Minimum quantities starting at 12 pieces. Smaller quantities possible, but note there are minimum charges for setting up a printing process.
- Custom Laser Engraving: Names, dates, award captions, on metal, plastic, glass, acrylic and wood. Our laser can also be used to cut intricate shapes from various materials for personal or industrial applications.
- Custom Rotary Diamond Engraving: Names, dates, captions on metal, jewellry, watches and pewter mugs.
See below for more information on our services.
A Logo can provide a clear visual impression of your company, its mission, capabilities, and core values. It's also a way to stir emotions in your customers and motivate them to engage with your business.
Through consistent use of the same logo and colours it will become instrumental in building brand awareness for your organization and communicate a consistent message to current and potential customers. The type of logo you ultimately choose will have a huge impact on how your brand is formed and recognized.
With our wealth of experience in Printing, Embroidery and Engraving, we design your logo with the end products in mind so that your logo can easily be imprinted on the largest variety of items to suit your marketing requirements both now and in the future.
There are five types of logos we can discuss:
- Letter: Letter mark logos become a recognizable symbol for the company name by making a strong impression in a compact logo.
- Emblem: Text inside a Geometric shape creates an iconic logo that can convey professionalism, competence, and strength.
- Brand Mark: Brand mark logos use a single graphic or symbol and doesn't incorporate the company's name and is able to transcend language barriers.
- Wordmark: It's best to choose this style when a company has a memorable, single-word name. By selecting the right typeface you can create a logo that conveys a sense of sophistication and professionalism.
- Combo: Logos can include both the company name and a graphic component to help build and reinforce the brand and add visual punch with the help of a symbol.
With so much riding on their logo, companies must choose their logos wisely. We offer face-to-face consultations and request that you also invest your time in some homework to ensure that the end result reflects positively on your company for years to come.
Logo Development Program
Our Logo development program costs $250 and includes:
- ½ hour initial consultation
- Three logo concepts
- ½ hour concept review & consultation
- Three revisions
- Approved logo design supplied in required formats (vector and bitmap)
- Left chest embroidery file of your new logo up to 10,000 stitches.
*Additional revisions and consultations are extra and are billed at $50 per hour. Business card design packages are also available.
Mega Health at Work Inc.
This "combo" logo was developed for Mega Health at Work Inc., a company whom transforms lives through workforce development that integrates leadership, education, and practice. They are a unique business with the goal to changing cultural barriers mainly within high stress occupations such as Fire, Police, and Paramedics.
The icon element incorporates a representation of helping those in need while at the same time is an initialism. Along with our clients, the font style, text location, spacing and colours were selected to represent urgency and health.
The Waterloo Craftsmen logo design was a revisioning of the client's current logo with a desire to convey their foundation of experience with designing, building and renovations of homes as well as a vision towards the future.
The font style was selected to convey the company's heritage while not being overly trendy.
The colours were continued on from their current logo to assist in the transition to the new brand.
Sample embroidery fonts that are available:
We offer embroidery and specialize in smaller quantities and offer a quick turn around. Choose from over 30,000 in-stock embroidery designs, or provide us with your own fully customized artwork. New flat rate $40 set up fee for logos up to 4.5 inches wide and up to 10,000 stiches! Embroidery set up fees should not cost you an arm and a leg! We want you to get the most out of your marketing dollars. Let us help you get started promoting your business with custom embroidered garments and hats!
No order is too small, from 1 - 5000. Yes, we can do that!
A few limitations do exist when it comes to embroidery. You should be aware of that:
- Text on your logo must be larger than 5mm or 1/4" tall.
- Left chest designs for Shirts should be no larger than 4.5 inches wide or high.
- Try to avoid gradients in artwork - these work okay on large Full Back designs but rarely come out on smaller chest or Hat designs.
Digitizing of Logos
It should not cost you an arm and a leg to get started with custom embroidery! We are here to help you get started and get the most out of your marketing dollars. We now offer a flat rate charge of $48 to set up your logo. This fee is good for logos up to 4.5 inches wide and up to 10000 stitches. This includes a sample "stitch-out" on twill for your approval.
Many people confuse digitizing with a digital graphic image like a JPEG or TIFF. Digitizing in the embroidery world is the process of taking artwork in a digital form like a JPEG, TIFF, PDF or EPS file and converting that information into a language that drives the computerized embroidery machine that creates beautiful and detailed artwork using thread on a variety of garments. Below are some sample "stitch-outs".
NEW $48 FLAT RATE PRICING FOR DIGITIZING LOGOS FOR EMBROIDERY!!!
Pricing for digitizing a logo, text or image is based on the number of stitches required to complete the design. A typical logo that is usually placed on the left chest of a shirt is about 1 inch high by 3 inches wide and uses about 6000 stitches. By comparison, a logo that covers the full back of a jacket measuring about 7 inches by 10 inches use about 110,000 stitches. Pricing is usually based on a price per thousand stitches. Digitizing is a one time expense and usually ranges from $48 and up. Once we have your digitized logo on file, we can easily and quickly produce subsequent orders.
We will always provide you with an estimate before proceeding with the digitizing process.
The preferred file type for artwork that you submit to us is EPS or PDF. (JPEG or TIFF will work, but may have some limitations if we have to scale the image).
Custom Screen Printing
We can screen print logos, text, and numbers on T-Shirts using 1 to 7 spot colours, or complete 4 colour process printing. NOTE: Screen Printing requires a fair amount of set up - 1 screen for each color and each printing location. Set up costs for each color and each imprint is $25, plus the cost of printing. The more shirts you print, the cheaper the cost per shirt.
Our minimum order requirement for screen printing is 12 shirts.
Screen Printing Pricing:
Set up: $25 per colour/per location (does not apply to Numbers or Individual names - see below)
Numbers on Jerseys: $3.00 per digit (no set up for numbers)
Names/Nicknames: $8.00 per name (for individual names on jerseys/shirts)
Please Allow 1-2 weeks to complete orders.
Let us know what your requirements are on our Request for Quotation page and we will follow up with a firm quotation. Please give us as many details as possible:
- Shirt Type (T-Shirt, Golf Shirt, Sports Jersey)
- Shirt Colour
- Shirt Sizes
- Colour of Ink(s)
- Location of Printing (i.e. front/back/both sides)
- Required Delivery Date
- Are you supplying any artwork?
Artwork should be in Vector EPS, or Vector PDF format with fonts converted to curves. These files are usually created using Adobe Illustrator or CorelDraw. JPEG and TIFF files are not suitable formats.
Custom Laser Engraving
We offer the following types of Engraving:
Using our state-of-the-art Laser Engraving machine we can engrave logos, names, dates, and award captions, on metal, plastic, glass, acrylic and wood.
Precisions Laser Cutting
Our laser can also be used to cut intricate shapes from various materials like wood, plexi-glass, plastic, leather and vinyl for personal or industrial applications.
Rotary Diamond Tip Engraving
This mechanical engraving machine can etch logos, names, dates, and captions on metal, jewellry, watches and pewter mugs.